Thursday, January 16, 2020

Is "Okay, Boomer" a Discriminatory Response?

In Age Bias Case, Justices Discuss ‘O.K. Boomer’ and Eggless Cakes



"Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr., who is 64, asked whether a supervisor’s use of the phrase “O.K., boomer” could be evidence of age discrimination."




New York Times Article, January 15, 2020 (Article Link (Paywall))



Click here for the transcript.

The answer? Perhaps:


CHIEF JUSTICE ROBERTS: Well, what if he just calls him a "boomer." I mean that -- I'm just trying to --

MR. MARTINEZ: I think that -- I -- I -- it -- it seems to me like that would be a classic question for the fact finder. But if the fact finder were to conclude that that statement reflected, was one of the factors going into this decision, I think it absolutely would be covered.

No comments: