Luckily, there are steps you can take to keep your skin feeling nice and smooth.
- Shorten your showers to no more than 10 minutes and watch the water temperature. Although it's nice to warm up in the morning, a long, hot shower strips your body of the natural oils in your skin.
- Shop for soap that's mild and less drying. Soap is made to break down oils, even the ones in your skin.
- Pat your body dry. Too much rubbing on tender skin can cause irritation and damage.
- Moisturize. Moisturize. Moisturize. Better yet, according to dermatologist, Dr. Kathy Fields, find a lotion that's hyaluronic acid-based to boost the amount of water that's drawn into your skin. Also, use lotion throughout the day to keep your skin from getting thirsty.
- Use a humidifier. It will help keep moisture in the air, rather than letting the air wick away the moisture in your skin.
Read more of the article here