How much bandwidth does Pandora use?

Updated on 11/3/2012:

"Video watching on Netflix averaged about 335 MB per hour, while listening to music on Pandora used up approximately 54MB an hour."
-source: padgadget.com

"If you’re on a 2GB plan, you can listen for 55.8 hours a month. Broken down to a standard 5 day work week, that would be 2.79 hours of music a day."
-source: metaflood.com

I want to listen to Pandora at work, but am worried that I may end up using too much bandwidth.  I use Cricket mobile for broadband access at work so that I can listen to music and access sites without hogging up the network at work.  Per a recent LA Times blog post, using Pandora every day for 4 hours uses about 2GB of data [per month]:

"In other words, you'd need to stream about 4 hours on Pandora every day to hit the 2-gig monthly limit."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Capital One Credit Card Late Fees

How to configure aplus.net email for Outlook in Office 365

Michael A. Alao, CPA, CFE, Attorney at Law - Bio