Tuesday, January 09, 2007

MyBlogLog Acquired by Yahoo






"After only 3-4 months of general release, distributed social network MyBlogLog has been bought by Yahoo for an estimated $10-12M. This adds to Yahoo's collection of trendy Web 2.0 apps - they can pop the MyBlogLog folks in with Flickr and del.icio.us. When MyBlogLog initially came out in October 2006, I described it as "a kind of instant social networking system for bloggers". What surprised me was how fast this thing took off. But then after using it on my own blog for the last 2.5 months, I can see the attraction for both users and Yahoo."

MyblogLog seems like a pretty cool concept and has obviously achieved a stamp of approval from one of the net giants. I am curious about it, so I think I will add it to this blog later this afternoon when I have some time.



Tech Tags:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i previously used the service and then with template changes and of course a switch from blogger to wordpress i lost the code. i guess i need to go back and search for it.