Is "Okay, Boomer" a Discriminatory Response?

In Age Bias Case, Justices Discuss ‘O.K. Boomer’ and Eggless Cakes



"Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr., who is 64, asked whether a supervisor’s use of the phrase “O.K., boomer” could be evidence of age discrimination."




New York Times Article, January 15, 2020 (Article Link (Paywall))



Click here for the transcript.

The answer? Perhaps:


CHIEF JUSTICE ROBERTS: Well, what if he just calls him a "boomer." I mean that -- I'm just trying to --

MR. MARTINEZ: I think that -- I -- I -- it -- it seems to me like that would be a classic question for the fact finder. But if the fact finder were to conclude that that statement reflected, was one of the factors going into this decision, I think it absolutely would be covered.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Capital One Credit Card Late Fees

How to configure aplus.net email for Outlook in Office 365

Michael A. Alao, CPA, CFE, Attorney at Law - Bio