10 Things Recruiters Will Not Tell You

I've used recruiters in the past and have had mixed experiences.  Overall I do not like them for one specific reason:  They are not working in your interest and apply pressure similar to what you would expect from a used car salesman.  The thing is though, you are not a used car and choosing to accept a position is about your life.

Smart Money has nice list of 10 things about recruiters that you should know:

1. “There are better ways to find a job.”
2. “We don’t work for you.”
3. “Until a year ago, I was a car salesman.”
4. “The job we advertised may not exist.”
5. “We already know quite a bit about you.”
6. “Our jobs aren’t so hot either.”

7. “You’re at the mercy of a computer, just like online job board users.”

8. “The ‘temp-to-perm’ carrot is rotten.”
9. “If you have a job, I could get you fired.”
10. “If I’m in Virginia, I probably won’t help you find a job in Nebraska.”


You can read the whole article here.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Capital One Credit Card Late Fees

How to configure aplus.net email for Outlook in Office 365

Michael A. Alao, CPA, CFE, Attorney at Law - Bio